A pediatrician is a child’s physician who provides:
- Preventive health maintenance for healthy children.
- Medical care for children who are acutely or chronically ill.
Pediatricians manage the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of their patients, in every stage of development — in good health or in illness.
Pediatricians focus on babies, children, adolescents, and young adults from birth to age 21 years to:
- Reduce infant and child mortality
- Control infectious disease
- Foster healthy lifestyles
- Ease the difficulties of children and adolescents with chronic conditions
Family medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing, comprehensive health care for the individual and family. It is a specialty in breadth that integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences.
The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, both sexes, each organ system and every disease entity.
Our Doctors are very committed to the practice of travel medicine. Our physicians are certified in Travel Medicine. They will provide you with customized pre-trip advice. They believe that taking the proper precautions, including booster vaccines and immunizations, and possible medications, prior to an international trip can dramatically increase the chances of a safer, healthier trip.
During your consultation, our physicians may help improve your chances of a healthier trip by discussing the following:
- Vaccinations and immunizations (e.g. yellow fever, typhoid, hepatitis)
- Malaria prevention (mosquito repellants, prescriptions, netting, etc.)
- Traveler’s diarrhea and food and beverage safety
- Availability of health care at your destinations
- Minimizing risk of contracting illness abroad
- Travel supplies
- Medical equipment
- Travel Safety
- Travel and medical insurances
- Post-trip medical evaluation
- Certified Yellow Fever Vaccine Center